Rod bearing confusion

Thomas Reynolds treynolds@gonetrix.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 21:35:27 -0600

> Thomas Reynolds wrote:

> >Nope that's not true. One might think that. Jay I am in the middle of
> >doing the same thing on the same engine. I noticed that no matter what
> >grade bearing, the number stamped on the bearing ALWAYS ends in '0'. This
> >is the same for the main bearings.

George replied:
> That is not true for the SR20DE in the B13, B14, etc.

> I've been through the fiche and the Nissan FAST CD.

> The part number ends with the bearing grade.

Sure the number you order does end in the bearing grade. That is not what we
are talking about here. We are talking about the 'stamping' on the actual
bearing itself. The bearings come in Nissan packaged packets with the part
number label attached, which indicates the grade bearing by the final digit.
HOWEVER, the bearing itself always just has the standard grade 0 number
(which ends in '0') no matter what. That's why you have to go by the color
once you have removed it from the packet.

Furthermore, all the bearings I have ordered for my project were '91 B13
USDM model bearings.

Thomas
'97 200SX SE-R
F-Max Stage II Turbo