Coil-Over rattle

Reignhard Stajuana raystajuana@hotmail.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:25:57 -0600

Hi LM's!
    I got a Q for those of you who have the Motivational CO's.  Do you get a
rattle when you have the adjusters all the way up the threads so that the
seat is putting slight pressure on the spring?  Mine are making this
annoying popcorn like sound whenver I go over minor bumps.  Which pretty
much means almost all the time.  At first I thought it was the shaft hitting
the top of it's travel but Mike from Motivational looked at them and they
had some play from side to side.  Anybody else have any info please let me
know.  The noise is driving me crazy.  Funny part is the car drives fine.
An interesting note though, mine have about 20K miles on them and Mike has
some brand new ones on his car.  His right side is doing the same thing but
the left side isn't. Weird huh?

Ray S
98 Sentra SE
San Bernardino, CA