PSi

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:03:09 -0600

At 12:52 PM 1/30/2002 -0600, you wrote:

> First you'd need to know what kind of turbo your running.  A T-25 will
> certainly be safer to run at 12psi on street gas than a T3/T04E.

Why is that?  A T3/T04E would have a cooler charge temperature than a T25
would, thus allowing more boost, as I understand it (which is minimally).

> On street gas you'd most certainly be detonating at 20psi no matter the
> turbo.

Absolutely.  You'd need water injection or something at that kind of boost.

I said *sounds* :)

> IMO the previous reply isn't helpful to anyone.  If the original poster is
> really curious, the archives turned up all kinds of information on "daily
> driver boost levels" on many different SR20 turbo setups.

My point exactly, the original poster appears to have put forth 0 effort to
find an answer to his questions, supplied nearly-zero information about what
he plans to purchase or currently has, thus failing to give people who
*really* know what they're talking about a chance to give a decent answer.
Didn't I suggest checking the archives?  I may not have, but I certainly tried.