HS Headers

David Evans david@b15sentra.net
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 05:51:24 -0600

Andris,

This brings up a interesting question then.  If you are selling the 2000+
headers with a O2 fitting in the secondary that will cause a check engine
light for people who use them.  The reason for this is that the stock
secondary has a pre-cat in it which reduces emissions between the 1st 02
sensor in the primary exhaust manifold and the 2nd 02 sensor in the
secondary behind the pre-cat.  If you guys are selling headers like you have
described then they will trigger the OBD II system fault and cause a check
engine light.  The second O2 sensor must be moved behind the cat that
remains in order to not cause a check engine light or trigger the OBD II
system fault.

I urge you guys (Hotshot) to look into this matter because it will only
cause people who buy the 2000+ headers for their b15s or 00+ P11 owners
problems in the long run.  The best bet is to just add the hanger to the
secondary and include a O2 bung so that the customers who buy the header can
go down to a muffler shop and have the bung welded to the b pipe so it will
keep the OBD II system happy.  This will also require extending the wiring
for the O2 sensor as well.

This is a tried and true methond that people have been using to keep their
b15s from getting a check engine light when adding headers.

    -=david
b15sentra.net owner