PSi

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:35:46 -0600

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 18:59, speed_break@juno.com wrote:

> I was just wondering how much PSi of boost from a turbo can a
> SR20DE engine handle as a daily driver?

Lots, assuming that you have a proper intercooler and fuel system to
keep the charge temps down and combustable flow up.

How much boost do you actually want to live with?  15PSI would be more
than adequate to do the daily commute...20 would be necessary to outrun
*some* competition piloted by mediochre drivers.  You'd probably want
your boost set to 15 or less most of the time, regardless of how much
boost you were actually capable of producing.

Having your boost controllers set and wastegates welded shut to 30PSI
sounds like a lot of fun, but keep in mind that an SE-R (well, the ones
sold for us US folk, anyway) have to put it down through only two wheels
and a viscous limited slip differential.  Neither of which survive long
with 400+ WHP *all*day*long*.

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |