Worn cams = worn lifters

Joe Stewart jstewart@eCompanyStore.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:44:33 -0600

We know about the problem with lack of oiling in non revved SR20DE engines.
My g20 had a bad case of this, I had replaced the cams and oil tubes as a
result. Well, the car always felt low on power for the mods, so I purchased
a used set of rocker arms from a listmember (Thanks!). It was only 7, but
they were cheap and it was worth the experiment. Turns out this was what was
holding my car back. It runs much better now, dies less at idle, and makes a
noticeable bit more power. Soon as the single one I had to buy separately
comes in, I'll change out the last one.

Just thought this was good archive info. (Not that anybody checks there
anymore.)

-Jay
93.5 G20 with a new lease on life