se-r: pinging noise

Qualudia101@aol.com Qualudia101@aol.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:42:05 -0600

In a message dated 1/24/2002 9:37:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ninetyninemiata@hotmail.com writes:

> when was the last time you changed the fuel filter?
> my miata and g20 both had some light pinging noises, but they all went away

> after i replaced the fuel filter.

Don't understand why, since it goes away  with the lights off.  Strange thing
 just as the engine speed passes through 3500 RPM and then again when the
revs drop back down through 3500 you hear that 'TING" sound. Anyhow I did
change the fuel filter not very long ago,but at this point I'm willing to try
anything........thanks.......I'll let you know the result when I do it.

Frank 93 SE-R