GC C/C Plate install questions

SERRIC97@aol.com SERRIC97@aol.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:43:17 -0600

In a message dated 1/22/2002 8:26:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
nissan98ser@hotmail.com writes:

> I finally have a chance to install my GC C/C plate on my 98 SER with
> Motivational Full CO. I ran into a couple of problems.

   1. there really isn't much you can do with that tube. i tried tweeking it
a little then wrapping it with electrical tape where it contacts the plate.
if it continues rubbing on the plate it will wear a little spot in the soft
aluminum.:-)

   2.  i took a grinder to the entire lip, removing ~3/4 of the height. be
sure to prime and paint the affected area.

    3 DO NOT take a bfh to your tower. instead take a little grinder to one
corner of each plate.

         these are the things that I did. you may find a better way.  good
luck!

      Ric