GC C/C Plate install questions

NISMO SER nissan98ser@hotmail.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 22:25:45 -0600

Hi All

I finally have a chance to install my GC C/C plate on my 98 SER with
Motivational Full CO. I ran into a couple of problems.  I checked the
archive but didn't really give me a clear answer.

1. There was a metal tube installed next to my stock strut tower, the metal
tube is in the way of the GC C/C plate.  I unscrewed the two bolts holding
the tube but it's still in the way.  Can I just rest this tube on top of the
GC plate?

2. The GC instruction said to cut about half of the lip that's facing the
engine side, is it done so that you can get more space to get more negative
camber from the GC plate?  Can I shave the entire lip totally?  It's just
looks odd to me just to shave a little bit of it.

3. When I place the GC plate on the strut tower with screws on, I can't move
the GC plate up to adjust caster because the top of the strut tower is not
even, Do I need to hammer the strut tower down so I can move my GC plate up
and down?

thanks
David.
98 SER