question on choosing a turbo to install

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:01:37 -0600

Phillip Nelson wrote:

>Could I get some oppinions about putting a turbo into my '91 NX2000?

Sure.  Done properly it will make it faster. :-)

>I was thinking of either purchasing a kit and installing that on the stock
>engine, or purchasing a SR20DET engine.

That's usually how it's done.

>What do you all think would be the best, most practical, easiest or
>whatever route.

Well, that really narrows the field now doesn't it?

>Any information would be helpful.

Agreed.  Help us out with some more information since you haven't narrowed
the field in the least.

I'm having a little fun with you Phillip.  But seriously, you haven't
narrowed the field at all.  Opinions vary completely from buying T25
take-offs from DETs to building DETs with additional equipment.

Things that would help is starting with your budget, or at least a
range.  That narrows the field in a hurry.  Also, what are your hp
interests.  You can get up to about 250 bhp with DET equipment.  Beyond
that and you have to spend a lot of money, but the next ceiling comes up at
something over 325 bhp or so.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>