Coilovers? Opinions?

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:47:12 -0600

>>I'm interested in purchasing coilovers for my 97 200sx, but I have have
>>mixed
>reviews of the different makes.  Ground Control is an obvious choice,

Check out both these sites.
http://www.se-r.net/about/200sx/scc/jan98/january.html
http://www.sentra.net/tech/garage
I have the ground control setup + Konis and can tell you from my experience
that you can't lower the car more then an inch without bottoming.  I was
able the get 1.75 inches by using GC camber/caster plates.  IMHO if you want
more then 1.75 inch drop look at the motivational setup.  I am very happy
with my 1.75 inch drop and my GC/koni's.  AGX's and GC would be good also
but unless you go above the 300/200 setup my thoughts are on bumpy roads it
would bottom out just like the Konis if set to low (approx 1 inch).  IMHO
"if" you go with the GC setup cut off the existing perch and weld on there
perch for a more solid platform and cleaner look.  It helps reduce squeaks
and looks much better.

Steve
98 Sentra Se
GC Kit plus plates, Koni's