SR20VE

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:48:19 -0600

On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 09:23, geo3@earthlink.net wrote:

> As for the downpipe, just the components for my mandrel bent downpipe cost
> close to $100 and I put it together myself.  But, I suppose you could have Joe
> Monkey build you a crush bent one for about that.

YIKES.  I just ran the numbers for a full exhaust system (aluminized
steel), and I managed to get everything from the manifold flange to the
tailpipe (except for the cat) for under $200.  I could have done it in
stainless for about $350.  That's U-Weld-It, though, which I can handle;
some people can't.

> Anybody have a dyno plot of a stock VE?

I wanna' see, too.

> Maybe someone only wants around 200 bhp.

I could *so* cope with only 200 bhp.  I know I'd want more, but that'd
at least keep me running with the other 2700-lb+, 200-hp- cars on the
road...

> I certainly have no interest in running a boost controller on my car.

That's one point I disagree on, but I'm just a kid with nothing better
to do with my time than fiddle with the Scramble button until I have the
boost maps absolutely maxed-out. :)

> Turbo snob. ;-)

Now now, play nicely. :^)

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |