Removing air conditioning...

Sylvain Laplante sylvain_laplante@yahoo.ca
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 05:48:32 -0600

Hi all,
   I am new to this list and I should have subscribed way before since I am the
current owner of a 95 se-r and it could have helped me enjoy ( and fix ) my car
more. Anyway this will become a thing of the past soon since I just ordered a
2002 se-r that I should have in a month.

   My question is about removing the air conditioning system, I didn't want it
but it comes standard with the car. Since we only have 3-4 weeks of really hot
weather up here and I've never had a need for this before I was considering
removing it and just keep it for when I sell the car. Is it something easy to
remove? will there be a noticeable performance gain ( torque and HP ) ?

   Lastly, I don't know if you have it in the stetes, but mu 95 had a speed
limitor which cuts the engine once it reached 180km/hr ( about 112mph ). Is
there still such a thing on the new engines? and if so, how to disable it?

Thanks
Sylvain Laplante
1995 red SE-R
2002 silver SE-R  ( I can't wait! )