ECU dyno testing

Eric Waterman sr20pwr@home.com
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:27:40 -0600

I don't have that ECU anymore.  Wade Jackson and I swapped ECUs at the
convention.  Mine *should* be a normal POP program.  I wanted to dyno my
wife's '97 since I didn't have any runs with the header and muffler.  I'm
going to try to dyno my car with the same ECUs in a few weeks.  The G20 ECU
fits right in place, no MILs, no idle problems.  No one that I know around
here has a JWT ECU in B14.  The '97 ECU and P10 ECU didn't show any
difference between 15 and 17 deg, but both did at 19 deg.  The runs I
filtered out were the first runs and the runs where the car was getting heat
soaked.  I didn't have a data logger with me to make sure water temps were
the same.  The gauge stayed in the middle, but we all know how much that can
mean.  Ever since I got the JWT ECU, I never really *felt* the power it
added.  others have stated that the car pulled more, but I never felt it.
The G20 ECU did show a gain, and now I have a stock ECU in my car, and it
feels almost the same as the G20.

Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R