exhausts, autox

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 23:16:38 -0600

On Sat, 2002-01-19 at 22:23, Wayne Cox wrote:

> Storm?  Well, IIRC, it rained on most of the event, and Mark got in one of
> the very few nearly dry runs.   Yeah, he's a top level autox driver, but
> the weather may have won that one.

Yeah, that's what I said. ;)  Harhar.  Okay, sorry; I don't know the
story, only what he was running (and only a little about that).

> And in any case, a HP or 5 from a muffler does not win the nats'

I never said it did, I was just making a case example of a competent
driver with a competent car that were competitive in a national event.
This is about the exhaust system, and the amount of noise that a
particular SE-R owner is having trouble with.  I meant to point out that
Mark had a resonator-free, 2.5" exhaust system with a Dynomax Super
Turbo and it was under the SCCA's noise regulations to compete.

No toes stepped on here, just wanted to get the story straight.  By the
way, Mark still hasn't said whether or not the Ultra Flo was quiet
enough to compete in Solo-II; I only assume that it was.

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |