Gen. Info: measured exhaust noise levels

Boonrat Lohwongwatana boonrat@caltech.edu
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:48:39 -0600

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Steven Papatrefon wrote:

> I have a '92 NX with AEBS header, Thermo-tec header wrap, PR CAI, 2.5"
> Catco cat, 2.5" Thrush glasspack resonator, 2.25" crush bent b-pipe
> (supposed to be 2.5" mandrel bent but that is a whole other story.  Was
> ripped off by installer), and Borla 2" turbo stainless steel muffler
> (again lied to be installer).  Anyway, thats my setup currently.

> waiting to be installed for a real 2.5" system with a new glasspack,
> Dynomax Ultraflow and piping.

Hello Steve,

The size of the tubing itself also reflects the sound level in general.
Dynomax Ultraflow is not that quiet either. Chances are, your new setup
might not be a big improvement from your current setup.

Let us know what you find out!