subwoofer placement question.

Jonathan Hamilton hamiltonjct@yahoo.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:00:24 -0600

You didn't give a lot of detail about the type of
speaker or box nor about the type of music you listen
to, meaning what type of sound do you want.

Finding the right location is usually a little bit of
trial and error unless you really know what you want.

I use 2 Kicker 10's in a sealed box which sits against
the back seat and fires the subs towards the back of
the trunk.  It provides a fair increase in bass but
still provides a fairly tight sound.  I listened
mostly to bass heavy music like (c)rap but now listen
to a variety of everything but very little rap and the
system sounds very good with most music.

I have fired them forward before and had really tight
bass but lost some of the boom I wanted back then.

Moral of the story try different positions and listen
to each for a few days, then move it around again.

Later,
Jonathan Hamilton
'92 SE-R - modded
'96 SHO - not

--- Nathan McKeever <impashnt@westol.com> wrote:
> the face, and 18 i to 24 inches long.  i was told by
> one person to face the
> speaker towards the front of the car and have it sit
> next to the wheel well on

> Nate

=====
Jonathan P. Hamilton