HORRIBLE COMPRESSION!

Bill the arcstarter arcstarter@hotmail.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:04:11 -0600

From: "Probe Dude" <probedude@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks, forgot that one (pulling the fuel pump fuse)
>I've also connected a spark plug up to the ignition coil HV output and laid
>the spark plug on the block to prevent the ignition voltage from getting
>too high.  Some cars can be damaged if you allow the spark to

You want to crank the engine w/o firing the ign coil or any injectors?

If you simply disconnect the low voltage connector on the distributor - the
ECU won't know that you are cranking the engine over.  This avoids:
1) Gas squirting out of the injectors
2) Electrons squirting out of the ignition coil

I'm a proponent of the easy way.  But if you like -instead you can pull the
fuel pump fuse, drain the pressure, remove ignition wires, attach an array
of properly grounded dummy spark plugs and proceed on... :)

-Bill
'92 Classic w/ cracked header, windshield, nut behind the wheel...