SE-R brake questions

Paul Yu paul_yu911@hotmail.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 23:31:11 -0600

I posted a couple of days ago looking for stock SE-R calipers to upgrade my
200SX SE, and I was lucky enough to find a very helpful list member (Dustin)
willing to send me his stock SE-R calipers.

The reason I wanted SE-R calipers was because I ordered new rotors for my
SE, but I was mistakenly given SE-R rotors. For some reason, some catalogs
list the SE and SE-R as using the same rotors. SE rotors are only 9.1"
diameter, so the 9.8" SE-R rotors wouldn't fit with the SE caliper. So, I
thought I'd upgrade to the bigger SE-R brakes...

Now...  my question is, why is it (or am I wrong) that even though the
SE/SE-R have different sized rotors, they use the same p/n for brake pads?
On my 9.1" rotors, the pad sweeps the full face of the rotor... so on the
9.8" SE-R rotor, is there a lot of unswept space between the pad and the
outside edge of the rotor?

Paul