ABS brake fluid ?

John Tumas John Tumas" <drknite@bellsouth.net
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:33:36 -0600

From: "Jon Pennington" <cowboydren@yahoo.com>
To: "SE-R List" <se-r@lists.deskmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 8:05 PM
Subject: Re: ABS brake fluid ?

Jon replied :
> I've never heard of ABS fluid, aside from finding stickers on bottles
> saying something to the effect of "NOW! Safe for ABS Braking Systems!".

  I've seen labels on ABS specific bottles recently that say they have
additives necessary for ABS braking systems that other fluids do not.
> I like Valvoline SynPower brake fluid, since it's characteristics are
> very similar to Motul 600 and it's a lot easier to get ahold of around
> here.  I don't track (yet), so that 30* isn't imperitive to *me*.  Why
> do you ask?

  I've used Motul 600 for the past 2 or 3 years. It was better than what I
ran previously. I'm getting set to do a complete purge on an ABS equipped
car , & was curious about using it based on these new claims being made by
the ABS specific labels.

  - John Tumas