Strut Tower Bars

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 03:31:12 -0600

On Sat, 2002-01-12 at 02:52, Peter Jackson wrote:

> Just saw on a parts site a single bar listed for all 91-02 SE-R apps.
> The page is wrong, isn't it? Different chassis different bar. The Spec-V
> bar wouldn't fit on a 96 B14, right?

Good question.  I think that there would be two variables that determine
the answer to this question.  Firstly, the spacing of the three verticle
bolts that surround the struts.  An STB bolts to at least two of these,
so they'd have to be on the same radius circle.  Secondly, you'd have to
have some pretty long necks on the heim joints that adjust for
distance.  I'm quite sure that the B13, 14, and 15 have different widths
between the strut towers.

The B15 SE/PP and SE-R come with a welded steel STB from the factory,
and I'd bet my next paycheck that it will only fit a B15.

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |