Non ser, things that make no sense

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:40:49 -0600

Yeah right...

What extensive street racing coverage is there in SCC
besides one remark in Scott's column, I think once?  I
can't even remember, maybe mentions of driving fast on
the street, but racing?  SCC is not like the other
popular mag's that seem to glorify street racing.

I don't think there has been any major mention of
street racing for years in the magazine ever since I
got busted for writing about racing a mustang GT with
project SE-R about 3 years ago.

GMR has a few mentions of stoplight encounters also,
so why don't you go on a rant about them?  For content
SCC flat kicks GMR's butt in my opinion.  All GRM
writes about is narrow focused stuff, mostly on
autocross.  SCC has a wide range of coverage on just
about all facets of Import car action except car shows
which the entire staff thinks is stupid.

Go ahead and cancel your subscription to the most
technical, least biased, most objective testing, least
Honda focused Import magazine around since you are so
upset.

There is good stuff in every issue if you bother
reading it.  SCC is one of the only car magazines I
bother reading anymore.  It is not just because I
write for them and am friends with most of the staff
either, all of whom are very intellegent and capable
with cars, even to the engineering level. In my
opinion, it is currently the best magazine for those
who truly like cars.

Go ahead and write a nasty letter to the editor though
and tell them exactly how you feel and how you think
that the column and other editorial (cite instances)
is ethically counter productive and against SCC's
prior policy supporting RASR.

If you write intelligently, I bet they print it and
take action.  That will make a difference.  Cancelling
your subscription or refusing to buy SCC as well as
saying you don't think there is hardly anything
worthwhile in it, tells me you don't read and are just
spouting off.

Mike