2003 Convention

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 20:43:28 -0600

Jim Wright wrote:

>But SERCA doesn't OWN the convention, and it doesn't need to follow
>their rules, nor should SERCA necessarily choose the location.

Well, you can always host your own, but he organization that SERCA provides
is what really makes it happen.  Despite all the past arguments about
SERCA, I think anyone who has attended all or most of the conventions, and
especially those who have been involved in organizing them, almost everyone
will agree that SERCA has really helped make this thing bigger and better
every year.

There have been a variety of Nissan clubs that started up about the time of
SERCA or even after that tried to organize large conventions.  SERCA and
the SE-R National Convention has outlived them all.  SERCA has value and
organizing the convention is one of those values.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>