2003 Convention

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 20:32:53 -0600

Jim Wright wrote:

>When did the convention get its own bylaws?

>The convention itself, last I heard, wasn't itself an SERCA specific event

Quite true.

But, this is one of the advantages of SERCA.  It has brought enough
organization to the community to help facilitate the convention.  In fact,
since it's not officially sanctioned by anyone but the SR20/QR25 community
as a whole, anyone and everyone can host a national convention every
year.  But that would be counter productive.

I think the community is using the organization (however lose sometimes) to
help bring it together.  But, if SERCA fell apart tomorrow, conventions
would still happen.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>