2003 Convention

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 18:51:51 -0600

On 1/9/02 6:28 PM, "Rob Cadle" <robcadle@hotmail.com> wrote:

> For Socal to host the convention in 2003 would mean that the Southwest region
> gets it two straight years.  That's not exactly fair.

> There is nothing in the bylaws that excludes this, though.

When did the convention get its own bylaws?

The convention itself, last I heard, wasn't itself an SERCA specific event,
though the past few have been hosted by SERCA chapters, which is fine.  I
distinctly recall some conversation on this topic last year.  There is
nothing to say that 'Joe's SE-R club of Springfield' couldn't host a
convention, or for that matter that it couldn't be hosted by an individual
(one very tired and well financed individual I'm sure, if that were to
happen).

That said, I kind of agree with Rob that it might be nice to move things
back east a bit next year, and if the SoCal folks want to make a bid for
2004, I'm sure that would be great.  They do deserve some praise for getting
these conventions going, and another event out there I'm sure will be very
popular.