flame arrestor on wastegate dump tube

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 18:04:01 -0600

Jay,

Since the wastegate can flow up to 60% of the total
exhaust volume under some conditions, (low boost, big
turbo)it is important for the wastegate to have low
restriction like the exhaust.

Perhaps a straight core motorcycle muffler.  On a
project car here at work, we used a pre-silencer off
of a stock GA16DE exhaust system with good results.
It just happened to be lying around.

Mike