2003 Convention

Ben Davis bendavis@sr20deforum.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:08:13 -0600

I've had two LARGE geekouts at my place 40 miles North of Indianapolis in
the last month basically since I moved into my new house with 4 car heated
garage. December 8th I had 17! people show up from as far as Kansas City and
this past weekend there were 10 people from as far as West Virgina and
Nashville. Connecticut people wanted to come to both but were unable to come
at the last minute! So it seems like SE-R folk are willing to travel to
Indiana on short notice. :)

Living within an hour of Indy all my life I hate to admit it, but I know
very little of Indianapolis Raceway Park's ammenities. Is there a road
course there?

I DO have a great idea for a Friday night thing. My dad works at the
Caterpillar Large Engine Center in Lafayette, IN, a 1 hour straight shot
from Indy, and can give tours for free given some notice. We can see HUGE
engines rated at thousands of horsepower, cranks longer than your Sentra,
see them being machined, tested, huge turbos, EVERYTHING and it wouldn't
cost us a dime. Here are a couple of spec sheets on engines my dad
personally works on:

http://www.caterpillar.com/products/engines_n_power_systems/spec_sheet_libra
ry/marine/pdf/lehm8147.pdf
http://www.caterpillar.com/products/engines_n_power_systems/spec_sheet_libra
ry/marine/pdf/lehm8358.pdf

So anybody know if Indy has a road course we could play at?

Ben Davis
93 NX2000
98 Sentra SE still for friggin sale