Engines

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 10:33:59 -0600

On Wed, 2002-01-09 at 01:13, Jason Gould wrote:

> Condidering the standard Nissan 2.0 in the States is
> called a SR20DE.  What is the engine in the new SE-R
> called/classified as?

There are lots of places to find this out.  I must admit that the way
you set up that question kind of cought me off-gaurd.  Firstly, there's
little "standard" about an SR20DE.  Secondly, it's slightly more
accurate that an SR20DE "happens" to be 2.0 liters in displacment than
it is that our 2.0 liter engine "happens" to be called an SR20DE.  The
Fresh Alloy site explains this pretty well. ;)

Some resources of interest to you:

  http://www.se-r.net/ (Especially "About the Cars")

    http://www.se-r.net/about/sentra_se-r/index.html (needs updating)

  http://www.freshalloy.com/ (Especially the Nissan Engine Catalog)

    http://www.freshalloy.com/cars/nissan/nissan_engines.html

QR25DE is the answer you're looking for.

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |