det swap

Kevin J. Hart khart@usit.net
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 00:49:22 -0600

Oh deftinatly.  Since it is the same engine it really is a pretty easy swap.
Nothing like putting that B18 in to that first gen crx for a drag monster
that lots think of.

But then again there are more wires and plumbing of tubes and hoses than I
care to even think about.  Granted most the wires only go one way and only
one connecter but its that one you arent sure about that gives you the
biggest bananna you can find.  As GI Joe once said, knowing is half the
battle.  Im with you, random guy/gal in a se-r/nx/g20 reads your article or
se-r.net goes and has the idea to do the swap on a perfectly good engine.
He/she then is faced without a car for a month cause of improper prep.  As
my loyal boy scouts say, be prepaired.

With enough studying it can be done with a person that can atleast do the
mild fixes/upgrades.  Pulling axles, replacing basic gaskets, replacing
common disposable items and then with a good experiece or head on their
shoulder to diagonose problems with a FSM or someone on the phone.  If you
cant change plugs, your belts, do something like a header install, I wouldnt
recomend it to a person at all.  Im all for someone going fast, but there is
nothing that will make you hate your car or yourself more than doing a swap
or upgrade and having it on jackstands for weeks cause of a stupid mistake.
Id rather see someone enjoy their car as is instead of wild upgrades.

Now if you got a car with a blown engine or such....oh go ahead, you will
only be down the money and time spent.  Not cursing and hating yourself or
the car in the end.  I hate seeing people get discouraged cause of something
they should have left alone.

Ok cause of the monkey fest in mid-indiana i am sick.  i blame john and his
sickness:) j/k  me going to bed now i can barely type.

Kevin
93 classic (Automatic, Stuff)
no go fast goodies expect POP