WRX

Brent Ellzey brentlz@commspeed.net
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 17:36:39 -0600

>I friend of mine just emailed me and said his friend just
>got a new Subaru WRX Turbo....he changed the exhaust
>and installed a boost controller and it dynoed at 305hp?
>Is that possiable?
>SE-R content:  Thats quite a bit more than a DET...!

I guess 'tis possible, but most tuners seem to max out the (stock)WRX turbo
around 280hp at the crank...starting from 227hp stock for the US model.
~260hp seems pretty common with full exhaust & mbc upgrades.

I've both a '02 WRX(currently stock) & a '93 SE-R(JWT ECU, Stillen intake &
exhaust).  The WRX is much quicker overall SOTP than my SE-R...despite the
WRX being hampered by a ~3100lb curb weight and a pretty big 1-2
transmission gap.  The SR20 is more responsive than the WRX at lower
rpm's...the WRX doesn't really come alive until ~3200RPM(boost), so proper
gear selection is critical to having fun with it ;-)

Brent.