Horrible grinding noise

Matt Hunt mhunt@ecin.net
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 15:17:28 -0600

Check your brake pads. Also check the dust shield behind the rotor. I
only know this because just a couple days ago I had a similar metallic
noise from the front which turned out to be the dust shield touching the
rotor. I simply bent it back and that solved the problem.

/Matt

Subject: Horrible grinding noise

Anyone have some quick thoughts on this one?

When I turn my wheel > 40% to the right, I get a metal-on-metal grinding
noise from around the driver-side front wheel well.  It seems to go away
when I straighten out the wheel, and I don't notice it when the wheels
are pointed on the driver side.

Any thoughts on what I need to look at under the car?