WRX dyno

malitious1@aol.com malitious1@aol.com
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 13:20:56 -0600

> I friend of mine just emailed me and said his friend just
> got a new Subaru WRX Turbo....he changed the exhaust
> and installed a boost controller and it dynoed at 305hp?
> Is that possiable?

       If this is true, it has to be a crank number. There is no way that
that  could be wheel hp. In a SCC article a few months ago they had a big wrx
comparison where the most powerful cars made 200-220 at the wheels, with
exhaust, intake, intercooler, new turbos. That num is prolly about 300 at the
crank. So 300 out of just a boost controller and exhaust seems unlikely.

       On the subject of awd dynoing, there are some awd dynos with sliding
rollers(can bet subaru has one) but they are very rare and expensive to
operate. A simpler way to do this is to conver the car to fwd and tune in
that way (again from my bench racer SCC knowledge =}     )

Jarek
'93 SE-R, no mods and notorious start up squeek