WRX

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 00:53:51 -0600

> I friend of mine just emailed me and said his friend just
> got a new Subaru WRX Turbo....he changed the exhaust
> and installed a boost controller and it dynoed at 305hp?
> Is that possiable?

Hmm.....I dunno about that.  I thought they dyno'd around 150whp stock.  I
guess AWD sucks a lot of power!  Maybe 305 at the crank?  That would only be
an 80hp boost over stock.  That seems more plausible..... Putting on a monster
exhaust and getting rid of a few cats (does it have a cat right after the
turbo? or before?  can't remember) MAY increase HP by like 30-40, and then
cranking up the boost may account for the rest of the difference.  This is my
best guess based on very little knowledge :)

Khiem