2.5" exhaust

Jay Stewart jay@nx2k.com
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 09:11:37 -0600

>If Jay's dyno chart is from 3 to 4 years ago when he had S2 cams(?),
and no JWT ECU, but 18* >of  timing advance, could the problem be with
the overly advanced timing causing the drop in >torque?

I think you are correct. Look at the bumpiness of the curve..  timing
was too high. At the time I didn't think to play with the timing on the
dyno. This is back when everyone just cranked their timing and didn't
know better. Geeze is was 4 years ago now, I feel old.

Stock NX2K ECU, and the *original* JWT cams, this was the "street" grind
way before they added "S" anywhere to the name. I think that makes them
the S1's.

The point I was trying to illustrate though was that the bottom of the
curve doesn't look like a cliff as if the car had no bottom end because
of the 2.5" exhaust.

-Jay
PS Want to see my 11.8 @ 119.7? Go here: http://64.244.70.10/joe/ right
click and save on "jays 11 second run". DO NOT STREAM IT, SAVE IT.