BB fmic kit was: Hotshot 2nd gen turbo kit

Andris Laivins alaivins@yahoo.com
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 03:55:56 -0600

> Andris, Is this kit for both the b13 and b14 platforms?  What
> type and brand
> of intercooler is it?  Is it just for the BB setup or will it fit
> on a GtiR
> setup as well.  Will the i/c support a tweaked t28 such as the one on the
> "disco potato" or Ray K's car?

The kit is available for B13's and B14's .  The intercooler is the same one
used in the 1st gen turbo kit (t3), and the same one seen in SCC on Geo's
G20.  It is an HKS core; I don't have the exact dimensions off the top of my
head.  The kit was designed for the BB turbo parts, and I haven't located
the GTi-R stuff yet to see what's different.  Most of the piping should be
the same, so as soon as we get the turbo/manifold to check, a GTi-R version
of the kit will follow shortly.  Max HP the IC can support?  I'll have to
look up/check w/HKS to get the flow rate for the core we use and get back to
you on that.

Andris Laivins
Side topic (respond privately): How squeamish/willing are you to do some
serious bumper cutting to fit a large intercooler?