speedvision world challenge

Alex C. Chang mav1178@earthlink.net
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 20:44:04 -0600

I think what I wrote should've been edited and reposted..

In no way was I trying to take away from Roger's accomplishments.  I was
simply trying to point out the fact that qualifying was the main reason as
to why he got a chance to grid up so high, and why a lot of the other
drivers were far down the pack.

He is a great driver, and to have him and his privateer team win is the
equivilant of having Minardi win a Formula One race.  It really puts more
excitement into the series.

I agree that Leslie is a good driver, but during the Laguna race he made a
few critical errors and lost first place.  I made the comments about Roger
because he is from the Bay Area and he instructs at Laguna Seca when he's
not racing, so he has a slight advantage at that track.

Plus, it was his birthday that day when he won.  I can't see any other
motivating factor!  I was one of the loudest supporters of Roger up at Rainy
Curve!

-alex