Best BANG for your buck..?

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 18:21:47 -0600

On Fri, 2002-01-04 at 17:46, SeRNiSm0@aol.com wrote:

> My gf has a 2001 Sentra Se pp with auto, I wanted to improve her car.

Aren't you the guy who was going to drop a G-and-a-Half on that car this
Christmas?  What happened?  I suck with names, so don't be offended if
I'm wrong.  Start with:

 - Tires.  Firehawks suck, and power's worthless if you can't use it.
 - Intake.  AEM made the most power on the dyno, making it the value
*and* power king.  $300-350
 - Header.  Hotshot is your best, if not only choice.  $400-450

Buy some tires you like; just about anything's better than these
friggin' 'Stones.  Fast parts on this order should be about $700 +
shipping if you shop right.  Somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15HP,
fat powerband improvements, and critical for anything more serious.
Moving on:

 - ECU?  Not exactly bang-for-the-buck material, but you'll need one
some day.  Figure on spending anywhere from $500-900 on this mod alone.
 - Torque Converter?  Better launches, quicker shifts, $500,
exchange-only.
 - Pulleys?  I don't like 'em, but they seem to make power.  $200-250.
 - Exhaust?  Nah.  Nissan gave us a good one, unless you don't like the
looks or start making SERious power.
 - Nitrous?  I thought it was your girlfriend's car.

Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?  Want to know more?
Somebody's already done it.

  http://www.b15sentra.net/

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |