Phantom Grip info

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:36:55 -0600

Joe Stewart wrote:

> No guessing for me. Granted that is a G20 LSD diff, not a 98+. It's
> possible they are different. (?)

> http://nx2k.dynip.com/thumbs/G20_tranny_pics/pages/LSD_diff.htm
> http://nx2k.dynip.com/thumbs/G20_tranny_pics/pages/non_lsd_diff.htm

Okay I've thought about this a little more:

The drivers side VLSD axle is longer because it goes thru both the VLSD
coupling and the diff.  Having said that the passenger side axle is the
side that has the speedo gear on it.  The orange/brown looking piece on
both pictures for those not familiar with the inards of the tranny.

>From your pictures they look similar hard to see for sure because the
diff/final drives are opposite ways in the pictures.  This is where the
Phantom grip installs.  On a B14 the passenger side axles are the same
so my educated guess is its the same part.

RK