speedvision world challenge

Brady Dohrmann prelude_2@hotmail.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 10:09:53 -0600

I've worked on WC and Motorola Cup cars before and I don't thik any of them
has *less* than $8K in suspension work.  Not to mention a good WC car in any
class is going to run a minimum of $50K.. seems like most of the cars are
$75K plus when everything's added up, for a Touring car; GT cars probably
start at $100K and go up. I'd bet every Not to mention, getting a team and
transporting them around the country for a season gets pricey.  Turner
Motorsports offered a ride (show up and drive, nothing more) in an E36 328
and it was $85K for a season.   It's a good deal really because they said it
costs ~$400K/year to run a top car in the WC series.  However, I've seen
used WC cars for really damn cheap.  There were two Comptech Integra Type
R's for sale in Phoenix a year or so ago for $21K each, Turner Motorsports
sold a year-old BMW 328 to a local guy for ~$27K, and a friend of mine just
bought a used WC Integra GSR for $9900.

Whoever said the driver's suck is smoking crack as well.  I know it's not
textbook "good driving", but WC has been known to be a very aggressive
series and given the somewhat even competition, you're probably at the limit
99% of the time.  Looking at the list of drivers, half of them are current
or former IMSA drivers.. like Derek Bell, Terry Borcheller, Peter
Cunningham, Mike Fitzgerald, Steve Pfeffer Will Turner etc.  I know there
are several members on this list who could win the Daytona 24 Hours a few
times, maybe Sebring too.