MagnaFlow Mufflers

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
03 Jan 2002 03:20:13 -0600

Does this muffler qualify as a good one for use as a resonator:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/parts/tweekerparts/magnaflow10426.jpg
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/exhaustparts.htm

According to the RRE description of the part, it's "Aluminized 16 Gauge
Steel shell, Straight through flow, SS mesh wrap around perforated core,
Ceramic packing."  I think that their use of the word "perforated"
instead of "louvered" is what I'm looking for, but can anyone vouch for
this part number?

This model sounds like what I'm *not* looking for:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/parts/tweekerparts/2.5inch-resonator.jpg

RRE calls this one a "louvered" core, so it's bad, right?

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |