Non Stock Exhaust

Weaver Dannel CMSgt 7 SPTG/CEM dannel.weaver@dyess.af.mil
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 09:36:48 -0600

J Manes wrote:
 I got a warning for having a non-stock exhaust.  I must get a stock
exhaust
> put on by January 16 or I will receive a ticket.  The exhaust I have is a
> Greddy SP and my car is a 1995 Nissan 200sx se-r.  First of all does
anyone
> have a stock exhaust just laying around that I could have or borrow?

I see on the list later submissions that you were basically written for the
exhaust due to noise, (and perhaps appearance).  What about welding a
smaller tip on the muffler to low profile the appearance, and to
(temporarily) reduce the sound volume, "lightly" stuff steel wool in the
resonator and muffler.  The steel wool trick was successfully used in Wa
state in the early 70s on V8s with glass packs written for noise.  The steel
wool eventually breaks down and blows back out the exhaust.

Dan