(no subject)

Viola Armstrong yesous2@earthlink.net
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 20:50:19 -0500

> 347.39(2)
> (2) No muffler or exhaust system on any vehicle mentioned in sub. (1)
shall
> be equipped with a cutout, bypass or similar device nor shall there be
> installed in the exhaust system of any such vehicle any device to ignite
> exhaust gases so as to produce flame within or without the exhaust system.
> No person shall modify the exhaust system of any such motor vehicle in a
> manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor of
such
> vehicle above that emitted by the muffler originally installed on the
> vehicle, and such original muffler shall comply with all the requirements
of
> this section.

Yep same for us Marylanders! I got one over the summer. The good thing here
in MD. is that you just need to go to a muffler shop and have it checked
for leaks and get them to sign of on it. They didn't issue a citation to
make me change the muffler. Man that's terrible. Just think, if we were
driving american made cars they wouldn't even bother us probably. Some of
those are just as loud if not loader but I never hear them complaining
about this kind of thing. I think this is their way of targeting a certain
group of street racers. Not that american owned drivers don't race down the
highway and drive recklessly, it just seems to be more prevalent with the
sport compact group.
Just my 2 cents   Joel

--- Joel & Viola Armstrong
    Walk by Faith not by Sight