More Engine Diag Crap

Matthew Kogan mkogan@ma.ultranet.com
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 12:49:29 -0500

Well,

My engine diag saga continues.

I'm getting in to checking the timing and idle etc before I drive it to
much.

My hopefully last issue is that the idle will not drop below 1200rpm.  Which
I kinda like cause it wouldn't idle when cold with the old engine, but I
know this isn't right.  I'm thinking that it might be the Idle Air valve,
which I'm probably just gonna swap from the old engine.  However, it might
also be the AAV, but the symptoms don't point to it.  THe reason I think it
could be the AAV is that the connector was missing and replaced by lugs, one
of which ripped right off during removal.  So I put new lugs on, which is
what I think my poor idle problem from before was.

Anyone else have similar issues.

Also, when I check the timing, it looks to be about 25deg, with the TPS off
and about 15ish with it on.  I'm thinking this has to do with the high idle
speed.

Matthew Kogan
mkogan@ma.ultranet.com