Transmission switches

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 19:55:54 -0600

On 12/28/01 4:14 PM, "M." <inex3000@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does anybody have any pics of the trans switches? I
> think mine may be leaking. The oil is coming from two
> round, small tube looking sensor things with two wires
> from each one. Thats the best I can describe them. I
> want to order new ones but I want to make sure I order
> the right ting.

Those are the ones, I'm not sure if there are any pics online or not without
surfing a bit, but you've found them.

I can't remember which one, but there's one in a corner spot that always
gives me a fit replacing, if you won't have a wrench that fits on it
perfectly, you'll never get it out without destroying it (my favorite
technique, chisel off the eng, did out the plastics and the switch plunger
itself to reveal a nice hole straight through it, insert your largest bolt
extractor (every good toolkit needs these!) and just torque it out.).

Instead of replacing them, though, use some carb cleaner and spray them down
good to clean them up inside the rubber boot on them, and fill the boot with
some ultra grey sealant, that'll stop the leak just fine and save you $$ for
switches and be a lot quicker job too.