TRW/MOOG ball joint longevity/quality ?

davidpertuz@mindspring.com davidpertuz@mindspring.com
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 11:16:06 -0500

>I just searched the entire archive and didn't
>see any answers to thisquestion. How does the
>MOOO/TRW ball joint replacement compare with the
>OEM part? Does it last as long? Are they a 'low
>friction' ball joint or just a metal on metal
>ball joint? TIA

In order to get feedback that really meant much you'd
have to either get repsonses from a lot of people, or
get responses from a fair number, almost all of whom
had the same experiences. So with my sample of one, I'm
afraid you can't conquer the world :)

My replacement TRW/Moog joint lasted rather less time
than the original ball joint it replaced. Maybe about
65% of its life. It failed when the boot split and all-
owed the grease to flee, but I replaced it before it got
around to doing much clunking again. I put in a new
control arm afterwards because I wanted new bushings and
I did not want to replace another joint early.

See first paragraph when deciding how much value to give
my experience.

david