offset of b15 wheels sort of URGENT

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
23 Dec 2001 00:14:59 -0600

On Sat, 2001-12-22 at 23:48, DanJose52@aol.com wrote:

> These wheels and tires are $600 cash, almost new, thank you for your
> incredibly fast help, buying them now.

Can we explore this just a little bit?  The Spec-V has 17x7" rims,
doesn't it?  *assuming* that they had a -45mm offset, which is pretty
far inboard (50mm ~= 2"), and they don't rub, I'm just *sure* that -35mm
would be find, since it would only bring your rims 10mm closer to the
outer fender.

On the other hand, section width of the tire itself has as much or more
to do with rub than anything else.  Some "205mm" tread tires actually
have wider section widths than some "225mm" tread tires from the same
manufacturer.  You didn't mention how wide the tread was, but I'm
assuming it's less than 225mm.  Still, I have no idea how wide the
section is on the Spec-V's Continental tires. :(

Anybody want to prove me wrong? (He sheepishly asks after-the fact...)

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |