Should JWT dogbone MM move by hand?

Steven Papatrefon thepep@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:58:33 -0500

In trying to track down a vibration that has recently appeared in my NX, I
was checking my motor mounts.  I have the JWT mounts.  Visually nothing
appears wrong but I can physically move the front dog bone motor mount with
my fingers a little bit.  I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be able to
move at all.  Anyone know if a little movement is normal or if you have
these mounts and go under your hood, could you check?

Thanks in advance.  By the way, this vibration is low level at idle and is
the worst when I'm driving and let off the gas in gear.  If I put the clutch
in neutral, the vibration gets a lot less.  Any ideas?

Steve Papatrefon
'92 NX