An end to seatbelt woes

Justin and Anne-Marie De Witt jamd@prodigy.net
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 21:27:14 -0600

Hey all,

If anybody else ever had the problem on Classics where that terrible
seat-belt-anchor-in-the-door thingy causes the seatbelt to hit them in the
neck, I finally found a solution.  (One of the few things I truly hated
about my car.)

Wal-Mart sells this wonderful little gizmo called a "Hip Clip".  It's a
plastic oval about the size of your palm with slots in it that hold the
belts near the buckle and adjust the shoulder belt so it falls over your
collar bone like it should.

Hallelujah!

They cost $2.00 for 2 of them and the really nice thing is they're pretty
subtle and don't look like something you'd attach for a kid to use the seat.
I had to walk up and down the auto accessory isle twice before I found them,
but they're totally worth it.

On another note, has anybody (especially in Austin) gotten 5th gear popout
fixed that could quote a price, or even better recommend a shop?  I've
searched the archives, but nobody ever mentions a total cost to fix it?

Thanks,
Justin
93 Super Black with advanced timing, 5th gear popout and properly fitting
seatbelts!