What is so hard about giving good service?

Joe Stewart jstewart@eCompanyStore.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:20:32 -0500

WTF is so fing hard about a company simply fulfilling their end of the deal?
I'm not talking about excellent service, and I'm not talking about going the
extra mile, either. I'm talking about simply doing what they are asked and
promised to do.

I already posted about my problems a couple of weeks ago with Midway
Infiniti. They shipped the incorrect part, refused to ship the correct one
Saturday, and agreed to Monday shipping. Monday, no parts show. Tuesday I
call and no one has ever heard of the supposed Monday overnight delivery.
Wednesday, finally I get my correct parts. They were supposed to send me a
call tag for the incorrect parts, and this also did not show. I sent them
back the incorrect part anyway.

So, since I had a bad experience with them, I decided to place an order
through Scottsdale Infiniti.

On Tuesday I called and ordered a front wheel bearing and the two seals that
go with it. These parts were supposedly in stock, I even asked "are these
parts IN STOCK, I need this part TOMORROW". "Yessir, they are in, I just
checked they will be there tomorrow." I also specifically ask for "no
signature required" to be checked on my order. So I pay for overnight
shipping and consider it done. Wednesday, get home, no parts, check my
answering machine at home, and there is a message "the parts were not in
stock, they are shipping today". Since I am too tired to call and complain,
I just wait until Thursday.

Thursday (today) my wife gets home and calls me. There is a note on the door
from UPS: "signature required at delivery". So now, I have to wait yet
ANOTHER f'ing day to get my d&mn parts that should have been here Wednesday.

I call them up just now, and no joke, I am not making this up, I was
transferred *13* times while looking for someone to complain to. Twice was
to the lady at the front desk who had no idea why I was being transferred
there. At one point some guy checks on my order, reading it out, and even
reads me the note that says "NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED". In the end I finally
had to leave a voicemail because no one with enough authority is there to
help me.

Right now, since I have two out of 3 cars broken, my wife and I are sharing
one vehicle. We literally work on different sides of Atlanta, and my commute
to work these past few days has been over 2 hours each way. This is why I
agreed to pay the ungodly shipping fee because I was in a hurry.

I am so d*mn tired of businesses that don't even do what the f*ck they say
they are going to do. I mean g*d d*mn, how fing hard is it to ship a part
properly?

I'm ccing both dealerships on this one. I am fed up.

*IS there* a decent place to get Infiniti parts? I certainly cannot find
one.

-Jay