Street Racing Story

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:26:18 -0500

Jay Hassinger <jhassinger@home.com> wrote:

>Sorry pet peeve: <rant> It was not a MISTAKE, it was a CHOICE....

A most *excellent* point sir.

>Harsh words, but as it was written.  "Today you are given a choice...choose
>wisely"

Exactly.

And now to one of my pet peeves.  Too often folks (especially younger folks -
I'm not picking on younger folks, it's just more true for them as a whole)
look only at the "chances" of an event occuring without looking at the
results.  Risk involves more than just chance.  That is a lesson that is all
too often paid for dearly.  We've all paid that price one time or another.
The smart person learns from the mistakes of others as well as themselves.

George Roffe

http://mail2web.com/ .